Funcom Oslo – Funcom Oslo, Oslo
Funcom is looking for an enthusiastic, talented and versatile gameplay animator to join its development team in Oslo, working on the upcoming title «Conan Exiles» as well as future projects.
As gameplay animator, you excel technically in creating small animations that fit global locomotion and combat systems, able to elegantly implement them in animation state machines. Working closely together with other animators and the combat team you will create, implement and polish character combat and movement animations in 3dsMax and/or Motionbuilder for Unreal. Alongside a talented team, you will need to understand the existing underlying state machine system to properly fit your work, ultimately creating a fluid gameplay experience for humans, monsters and animals. You will also use this experience to plan and create brand new combat and locomotion systems together with a multidisciplinary team of animators, designers and programmers.
Requirements for the position:
- Solid and recent experience as a gameplay animator
- Proven expertise with 3dsMax, Maya, or equivalent animation software
- Experience with animation state machines and blend systems
- Team driven, able to share and take work and information from peers
- To take direction from the animation director and art director, and to deliver consistently on time
- Proactive, independent and self-driven
- Games industry experience with at least one AAA game credit
- Experience with motion capture animation
- Experience rigging and skinning characters
- Experience with visual effects
- Experience with Unreal or similar game engine
- Experience with playing MMORPGs or other games
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Office amenities (Subsidized lunch, fruit, coffee/milk/juice, etc)
- Participation in project based bonus plans and share based incentives
- Possibility of advancement
- Training opportunities
- Team oriented culture
- Social events and gatherings
Common for all positions, you need:
- To have a passion for games
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to handle multiple tasks
- To be a team player who can <other jobs>
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
In September 2017 Funcom will be moving office to a brand new building downtown Oslo. The offices are being structures as mostly team offices to take advantage of the low noise and high efficiency this layout offers.
Please apply in English and remember to attach your CV and link to samples of your work / projects you have worked on. Please note that applications lacking relevant work samples will not be processed.